Update the privacy settings of your video to control where your video can appear and who can watch it.
Change video privacy settings
- Sign in to the YouTube app on your Android device.
- Tap Library Your videos .
- Next to the video that you want to change, tap More Edit.
- Tap the Privacy setting, and choose between Public, Private and Unlisted.
- Tap the SAVE button at the top to save changes.
About privacy settings
Private videos and playlists can only be seen by you and the people who you choose. Your private videos won't appear in the Videos tab of your channel homepage. They also won't appear in YouTube's search results. YouTube systems and human reviewers may review private videos for ad suitability, copyright and other abuse prevention mechanisms.
To share a private video:
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left-hand menu, select Content.
- Click the video that you'd like to edit.
- Click the Visibility box and select Share privately.
- Enter the email addresses of people who you'd like to share your video with, then select SAVE.
Comments are not available on private videos. If you want to allow comments on a video that's not publicly available, change the privacy setting to unlisted.
Unlisted videos and playlists can be seen and shared by anyone with the link. Your unlisted videos won't appear in the Videos tab of your channel homepage. They won't appear in YouTube's search results unless someone adds your unlisted video to a public playlist.
You can share an unlisted video's URL with other people. The people who you share the video with don't need a Google Account to see the video. Anyone with the link can also reshare it.
|Can share URL||No||Yes||Yes|
|Can be added to a channel section||No||Yes||Yes|
|Appears in search, related videos and recommendations||No||No||Yes|
|Posted on your channel||No||No||Yes|
|Shows in subscriber feed||No||No||Yes|
|Can be commented on||No||Yes||Yes|