Change the privacy settings for your video
When you upload a video, by default it’s set as a "Public" video, which means that anybody can view it. You can easily change the privacy settings of your videos and manage who has access to viewing.
Change privacy setting
While you’re uploading the video, choose the setting in the "Privacy Settings" section. If you’ve already uploaded the video, change the privacy settings by following the steps below.
Manage video privacy
When you upload a video, by default it’s set as a "Public" video, which means that anybody can view it. You can manage the privacy settings and control who has access to view this content.
A private video can only be seen by you and the users you select. The video won't appear on your channel or search results and will be invisible to other users. You can manage the users you want to share a private video with.
Comments are not available on private videos. If you want to allow comments on a video that's not publicly available, post an unlisted video instead.
- Under the "Privacy Settings' drop-down menu, click Share.
- Add the email addresses of the people with whom you’d like to share your video.
- Go to your Video Manager.
- Find the video you want to change, then click Edit.
- In the "Privacy Settings" drop-down menu, choose your setting:
- Click Save changes.