Update the privacy settings of your video to control where your video can appear and who can watch it.
Change video privacy settings
- Sign in to YouTube Studio beta.
- From the left-hand menu, select Videos.
- Hover over the video that you'd like to update. Select the Live tab to see your live uploads.
- Click the pencil icon under Visibility and choose Public, Private or Unlisted.
Creator Studio Classic instructions
- Go to your Video Manager.
- Find the video that you want to change, then click Edit.
- In the 'Privacy Settings' drop-down menu, choose between Public, Private and Unlisted.
- Click Save changes.
About privacy settings
Private videos and playlists can only be seen by you and the users that you choose. Your private videos won't appear to others who visit the 'Videos' tab of your channel page. They also won't show up in YouTube's search results.
To share a private video:
- Go to your Video Manager in Creator Studio Classic.
- Find the video that you want to share, then select Edit.
- Beneath the 'Privacy Settings' drop-down menu, select Share.
- Enter the email addresses of people with whom you'd like to share your video, then select OK.
Comments are not available on private videos. If you want to allow comments on a video that's not publicly available, change the privacy setting to unlisted.
Unlisted videos and playlists can be seen and shared by anyone with the link. Your unlisted videos won't appear to others who visit the 'Videos' tab of your channel page. They won't show up in YouTube's search results unless someone adds your unlisted video to a public playlist.
You can share an unlisted video's URL with other users. The people who you share the video with don't need a Google Account to see the video. Anyone with the link can also re-share it.
|Can share URL||No||Yes||Yes|
|Can be added to a channel section||No||Yes||Yes|
|Shows up in search, related videos and recommendations||No||No||Yes|
|Posted on your channel||No||No||Yes|
|Shows in Subscriber feed||No||No||Yes|
|Can be commented on||No||Yes||Yes|