Update the privacy settings of your video to control where your video can appear and who can watch it.
Change video privacy settings
- Sign in to YouTube on your mobile device.
- Tap Library My videos.
- Next to the video you want to change, tap More Edit.
- In the Privacy drop-down menu, choose between Public, Private, and Unlisted.
- Tap the arrow at the top to save changes.
About privacy settings
Private videos and playlists can only be seen by you and the people you choose. Your private videos won’t appear to others who visit the "Videos" tab of your channel page. They also won't show up in YouTube's search results.
To share a private video:
- Go to your Video Manager in Creator Studio Classic.
- Find the video you want to share, then select Edit.
- Beneath the "Privacy Settings" drop-down menu, select Share.
- Enter the email addresses of people you'd like to share your video with, then select OK.
Comments are not available on private videos. If you want to allow comments on a video that's not publicly available, change the privacy setting to unlisted.
Unlisted videos and playlists can be seen and shared by anyone with the link. Your unlisted videos won’t appear to others who visit the "Videos" tab of your channel page. They won't show up in YouTube's search results unless someone adds your unlisted video to a public playlist.
You can share an unlisted video's URL with other people. The people you share the video with don't need a Google Account to see the video. Anyone with the link can also re-share it.
|Can share URL||No||Yes||Yes|
|Can be added to a channel section||No||Yes||Yes|
|Shows up in search, related videos, and recommendations||No||No||Yes|
|Posted on your channel||No||No||Yes|
|Shows in Subscriber feed||No||No||Yes|
|Can be commented on||No||Yes||Yes|