Promote your videos
Cross-promote your videos
- Publicize your videos and your channel on the radio, TV, websites, forums, newsletters, other social networking platforms. Link your YouTube channel in as many places as you can: websites, blogs, magazines.
- Use our YouTube APIs to create YouTube badges for your website that display your YouTube presence and link to your YouTube channel.
- Allow embedding so others can distribute for you. Use the embed URL that comes with each video to embed your videos on your website. Send the links to blogs which may want to display your content.
- If your videos are product reviews, include as much of the following information as possible as video tags: UPC, EAN, ISBN, MPN, model number, and brand. Example: For the ReadyNAS Duo, add, "UPC: 0606449056822, MPN: RND2150-100NAS, Brand: NetGear" as tags.
Engage your audience
- Don't Be Shy: Speak directly to YT community and ask them to subscribe!
- Use Video Descriptions and Banners to encourage users to Like and Subscribe.
- Enable Comments on Video Pages (you can always delete comments or block users).
- Use Playlists to group your content by theme – this makes it easier for users to find videos on your channel.
- Engage your audience through shoutouts, comments, subscriptions, and by asking questions or soliciting ideas.
- Encourage Contests. Use eye-catching titles.
To help reach a more global audience, you can order translations for your videos' titles, descriptions, and captions or have your community add subtitles in their own language.
Use AdWords for Video
Was this article helpful?