Promote your videos
Cross-promote your videos
- Publicize your videos and your channel on the radio, TV, websites, forums, newsletters, other social networking platforms. Link your YouTube channel in as many places as you can: websites, blogs, magazines.
- Use our YouTube APIs to create YouTube badges for your website that display your YouTube presence and link to your YouTube channel.
- Allow embedding so others can distribute for you. Use the embed URL that comes with each video to embed your videos on your website. Send the links to blogs which may want to display your content.
- If your videos are product reviews, include as much of the following information as possible as video tags: UPC, EAN, ISBN, MPN, model number, and brand. Example: For the ReadyNAS Duo, add, "UPC: 0606449056822, MPN: RND2150-100NAS, Brand: NetGear" as tags.
Engage your audience
- Don't Be Shy: Speak directly to YT community and ask them to subscribe!
- Use Video Descriptions and Banners to encourage users to Like and Subscribe.
- Enable Comments on Video Pages (you can always delete comments or block users).
- Use Playlists to group your content by theme – this makes it easier for users to find videos on your channel.
- Engage your audience through shoutouts, comments, subscriptions, and by asking questions or soliciting ideas.
- Encourage Contests. Use eye-catching titles.
Use AdWords for Video
- YouTube Promoted Videos allows any video uploader to surface their video content on YouTube by targeting users that are interested in seeing their content.
- You can find out more about YouTube Promoted Videos in the Ads section of the Help Center.