Cross-promote your videos
- Publicize your videos and your channel on the radio, TV, websites, forums, newsletters, other social networking platforms. Link your YouTube channel in as many places as you can: websites, blogs, magazines.
- Use our YouTube APIs to create YouTube badges for your website that display your YouTube presence and link to your YouTube channel.
- Allow embedding so others can distribute for you. Use the embed URL that comes with each video to embed your videos on your website. Send the links to blogs that may want to display your content.
- If your videos are product reviews, include as much of the following info as possible as video tags: UPC, EAN, ISBN, MPN, model number, and brand. Example: For the ReadyNAS Duo, add, "UPC: 0606449056822, MPN: RND2150-100NAS, Brand: NetGear" as tags.
Interact with your audience
- Don't Be Shy: Speak directly to the YouTube community and ask them to subscribe!
- Use Video Descriptions and Banners to encourage users to Like and Subscribe.
- Turn on Comments on Video Pages (you can always delete comments or block users).
- Use Playlists to group your content by theme to make it easier for users to find videos on your channel.
- Interact with your audience through shoutouts, comments, subscriptions, and by asking questions or soliciting ideas.
- Encourage Contests. Use eye-catching titles.
Use Google Ads for Video
- You can set up simple ad campaigns for your videos by using the Promotions tab in YouTube Studio. Start by following the steps to create a new promotion in YouTube Studio.
- If you need more advanced controls, use YouTube Ads features in Google Ads. You can find out more in the Ads section of the Help Center.