When you upload a video from a mobile device, you can make small adjustments to it.
If your video has over 100,000 views, your video edits may not save. This restriction does not apply to channels that are in the YouTube Partner Programme.
If you can't save changes, you can create a new video (with a new video URL) instead. Use the Save as new video option, and make changes there.
To use enhancements on mobile:
- Tap Create to Upload a video.
- Record a new video or select an existing one to upload.
- Apply enhancements:
- Trim your video: To change the beginning and end positions of the video, drag the white dots in the film strip under the video preview. To make finer adjustments, press and hold the handles.
- Add music to your video: Tap Music to add a music track from the Audio Library or your device.
- Apply filters: Tap to add a video filter.
- Enter the rest of your video details and NEXT.
- Choose if the video is made for kids and press Upload.
Troubleshoot saving enhancements
To save changes, make sure that your video meets the following criteria:
- View count: If your video has over 100,000 views, your changes may not save (this doesn't apply to the Blur Faces enhancement). This restriction does not apply to users who are in the YouTube Partner Programme.