Improve videos with Enhancements
You can make tweaks and add effects to your videos directly on YouTube or when you upload a video with the Android app using Enhancement features.
Use Enhancement featuresHow to make Enhancements on a computer
If you're on your computer, you don't need to re-upload a video to make enhancements. Here's how you can make changes to uploaded videos (the video's URL, view count, and comments will stay the same):
- On a computer, go to your channel's Video Manager.
- For the video you want to edit, click Edit > Enhancements.
- Make your changes using the features available on desktop, then click Save. If you want to create a new video with these enhancements (and keep the original video unchanged), click Save as.
Here's what the Enhancements screen looks like:
Get help with issues saving enhancements
To save changes, make sure your video meets the following criteria:
- View count: Video hasn't received over 100,000 views.
- Time: Video is shorter than two hours.
- Content ID: Video doesn't have a Content ID match.
Still having issues? You can save the changes as a new video (with a new video URL) by selecting Save As. If you do this, the original video won't be changed.
If you're using the Android app, you can use some Enhancement features when you upload a new video to YouTube.
Enhancements available on desktop & Android
You can use different enhancement features depending on if you're on a computer or using the Android app.Enhancements available on a computer
If you're on a computer, here are the enhancement features you can use. You can make these changes to any uploaded video without changing the video's URL, view count, or comments.Auto-fix lighting & color
Click the Quick fixes tab > Auto-fix for a one-click improvement on the video's lighting and color.
You can also make manual adjustments to Fill Light, Contrast, Saturation, and Color Temperature using the sliders below the Auto-fix button.
Click the Quick fixes tab > Stabilize to get rid of shaky camera motions.
Click the numbers under Quick fixes tab > Slow Motion to change the speed at which your video plays. You can choose from half speed, quarter speed, or eighth speed.
Click the numbers under Quick fixes tab > Time lapse to change the speed at which your video plays.
Click the Quick fixes tab > Trim to clip parts off the beginning or end of your video.
Click the arrows under the Quick fixes tab to rotate your video to the right or left.
Click the Filters tab to select color filters for your video.
To protect the anonymity of people in your video, click the Special effects tab to apply face blurring.
If you're using the Android app, here are the enhancement features you can use. Remember, you make these enhancements right when you upload your video.Trim out parts of your video
Drag the blue handles in the film strip under the video preview to change the beginning and end positions of the video.
You can add a music track to your video from the Audio Library or from music saved on your device. To add music, touch the Music icon :
- Audio Library: You can add free music from the YouTube music library. Browse for music by selecting the Featured or Genre & Mood tab. You can preview how the song sounds in your video before adding it.
- From your device: If you have music on your device, you can select the On device tab to add your own music.
Once you've added music, you can edit it in the following ways:
- Change position: Scroll the music track to change how it lines up with the video to change the sync.
- Change mix levels: Touch to change the mix between the music track and the original audio.
To choose a video filter to add a visual effect to the video, touch .
After you make your changes, upload your video by touching .