If you’re on your computer, you can make tweaks and add effects to your videos directly on YouTube! You won’t need to reupload the video, and your video’s URL, view count, and comments will stay the same.
Here’s how to use video enhancements:
Go to your channel Video Manager
- Click the Edit button for the video you want to edit
- Click Enhancements
- Make your changes
- When you’re done, click Save, or use Save as to create a new enhanced video, while keeping the original video untouched.
Enhancement options and features
Using enhancements, you can make some of the following improvements and edits to your videos.
- Auto-fix: Performs a one click-fix to enhance the video's lighting and color. You can also make manual adjustments to Fill Light, Contrast, Saturation, and Color Temperature by using the sliders.
- Stabilize: Adjusts the video to correct any shakiness
- Slow Motion: Slow the speed at which your video plays (half speed, quarter speed, eighth speed)
- Trim: Clip parts off the beginning and/or end of your video
- Filters: This tab shows pre-set color filters that you can apply to your video to give them a stylish and unique look
- Face blurring: Protect the anonymity of people in your video. Click on Special effects to access this feature.
Preview how your video will look with the added enhancements in the video player by dragging the line in middle to see a side-by-side comparison. To revert all changes, click Revert to original.
Problems saving enhancements
In order to save changes on your video, your video must meet the following criteria:
- View count: Not have received over 100,000 views
- Time: Less than two hours long
- Content ID: Not have a Content ID Match
However, you can still choose to use Save As creating a new video with a new video URL that will contain the edits - you just won’t be able to save changes to the original video.
While the Enhancements tool can help make changes to existing videos, it does not support the ability to change out an existing upload with an entirely new video file.