Send-to-phone ads have a field that allows viewers to send themselves information about the ad through SMS. This is different from tell-a-friend where the ad encourages the viewer to share the ad with a friend.
- Ads can only use text messages to send messages to the users themselves.
- The ad text must say: "send to yourself" and may not say "send to a friend."
- The text message cannot include user-contributed content.
- All phone numbers must be deleted after sending to the phone and can only be used for the purposes of limiting the number of messages sent. Advertisers may not store or log this information in any way.
- The limit to the number of allowable messages sent is one referral text message to any one phone number per creative.
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?