You can send a referral email or voicemail through the ad unit to others for viral campaigns. All of these ads must meet the following criteria:
- Email addresses and phone numbers may not be used for any other purpose except to share the ad.
- The ad must include notice of one-time use in the ad:
- You could include a disclaimer like "Your email address is only used for the purpose of this feature.”
- The ad must include both a 'To' and a 'From' field for the user to fill.
- The tell-a-friend feature can’t be used in an ad that gives an incentive for sharing the ad with a friend (like a coupon, movie tickets, or cash).
- The ad backend must include a cap on the number of referrals that can be sent to one email address or phone number from a single ad. This cap is per campaign.
Also, for tell-a-friend email:
- Email messages must contain a link to, or info about, the ad and the product or service promoted.
- Email messages must clearly identify both the advertiser and the user who sent the ad. For example, a "To" and "From" field should say 'John Doe, Jane Doe has sent you a message".
- Email messages must include the advertiser's postal address.
- All messages that are sent through the advertiser's backend must include an easy-to-understand opt-out method for the receiver of the email that complies with CAN-SPAM regulations.
- Messages are limited to 3 referral emails per ad to any single email address.
Also, for offline message service:
- You can send a voicemail to others using an IVR provider.
- The voicemail must clearly identify both the advertiser and the user who sent the ad.
- Messages are limited to one referral voicemail per ad to any single phone number.
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?