Schedule video publish time
You can use scheduled publishing to schedule a private video to go public at a specific time.
To schedule a video to go public, upload it as 'Private' and use the 'Schedule as public' option. Then you can set the date, time and time zone that you want your video to be published. The video will stay private until the scheduled time.
'Published on' date on watch page
When you make a video public on YouTube, the 'published on' date on the watch page is based on Pacific Standard Time (PST). If you want to make a video public with a specific date on the watch page, make sure that your video is uploaded or scheduled to go public for that date in Pacific Standard Time.
You may see a different publishing date on the watch page from the one you see in your Video Manager if you:
- Upload a public video in a time zone ahead of PST
- Schedule a private video to go public at a specific time in a time zone ahead of PST
Schedule a video to be published later
To schedule a video's publication time, you have to first set the video as 'scheduled' or 'private' on the upload page.
- Sign in to YouTube.
- In the top-right, click Upload .
- Enter your video's title, description and other details.
- Select Scheduled.
- Set the date, time and time zone that you want your video to be published.
- Select Publish on…
Edit scheduled publication time
You can change the scheduled publish time or publish the video straight away.
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left-hand menu, select Videos.
- Select the drop-down on the video that you want to edit in the 'Visibility' column.
- To change the scheduled publish time, make sure that the visibility is Private, choose the new time and Save.
- To publish the video immediately, set the visibility to Public and Save.
Creator Studio Classic instructions
- Sign in to YouTube.
- In the top-right, click your profile picture Creator Studio.
- Click Video Manager Videos. Next to the video, you'll see 'Scheduled'.
- Next to the scheduled video, click the drop-down beside 'Edit' Info & Settings.
- In the 'Info & Settings' tab, you can change the scheduled publish time or change the video to Public to publish it immediately.
- In the top-right, click Save changes.