Schedule video publish time
You can use scheduled publishing to schedule a private video to go public at a specific time.
To schedule a video to go public, upload it as “Private” and use the “Schedule as public” option. Then, you can set the date, time, and time zone that you want your video to be published. The video will stay private until the scheduled time.
Date on watch page
When you make a video public on YouTube, the date on the watch page is based on Pacific Standard Time (PST). If you want a certain date to show beneath your video, upload your video on that date. Alternatively, schedule it to go public on that date, in Pacific Standard Time.
You may see a different date on the watch page than the one you see in you see in YouTube Studio if you:
- Upload a public video in a timezone ahead of PST
- Schedule a private video to go public at a specific time in a timezone ahead of PST
Schedule a video to publish later
To schedule a video's publication time, you have to first set the video as "scheduled" or "private" on the upload page.
- Sign in to YouTube.
- In the top right, click Upload .
- Enter your video’s title, description, and other details.
- Select Scheduled.
- Set the date, time, and time zone that you want your video to be published.
- Select Publish on...
Edit scheduled publication time
You can change the scheduled publish time or publish the video right away.
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left Menu, select Videos.
- Select the drop down on the video you want to edit in the “Visibility” column.
- To change the scheduled publish time, make sure the visibility is Private, choose the new time, and Save.
- To publish the video immediately, set the visibility to Public and Save.
Creator Studio Classic instructions
- Sign in to YouTube.
- In the top right, click your profile picture Creator Studio.
- Click Video Manager Videos. Next to the video, you'll see "Scheduled".
- Next to the scheduled video, click the drop down beside "Edit" Info & Settings.
- In the "Info & Settings" tab, you can change the scheduled publish time or change the video to Public to publish it immediately.
- At the top right, click Save changes.