Video display issues
Are you able to hear the audio of a YouTube video, but can’t see it due to one of the following problems?
- video player is black, white or green
- colors are splotchy
- a green line is splitting the player in two
- video progress bar is missing or displayed incorrectly
If so, try these troubleshooting steps:Disable hardware acceleration
Hardware acceleration is a feature in Adobe Flash Player that usually delivers a better video playing experience; however, sometimes it may cause issues.
The option to disable hardware acceleration is only available for certain versions of Adobe Flash Player system plug-in and operating systems (OS). Follow these steps to see if the option is available:
- Right-click on the on the video you’re having issues with
- Click Settings
- If you see the option Enable hardware acceleration, uncheck it. If you don’t see it, the option is not available for you.
- Click Close
- Refresh the page and check whether the video is working
Once you disable hardware acceleration, the setting will apply across all internet browsers on your computer.
Updating your computer’s graphics driver may correct many of the problems listed above.
For PC users: visit the website of your computer manufacturer to download the latest driver.
For Mac users:
- Click the Apple logo.
- In the Apple menu, click Software Update.
- Install the Mac OS update if available--it will include the graphics driver update.