If you’re an eligible creator, you can tag products featured in your live stream. Viewers can select Shopping to review a list of products you’ve tagged. Learn more about how viewers can buy products on YouTube.. Eligible creators can tag their own products, or products from other brands.
Criteria and guidelines
Channel criteria to tag your own products
Tagged products are only visible to viewers in these countries/regions and will only surface if the products are available for shipping to the viewer’s country/region.
Channel criteria to tag products from other brands
To tag products from other brands, your channel must meet these minimum requirements:
- Channel is eligible for YouTube Shopping.
- Channel is based in South Korea.
- Channel has more than 20,000 subscribers.
- Channel is not an Official Artist Channel or associated with music partners (such as music labels, distributors, publishers, and VEVO).
- Channel isn’t set as Made for Kids and doesn’t have a significant number of videos set as made for Kids.
Tagged products are only visible to viewers in these countries/regions. The products will only surface if the products are available in and can ship to the viewer’s country/region.
Creators must own and control all rights to content within the live stream or clear all rights. This includes any necessary music rights, such as public performance rights. All content in live streams must adhere to our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service.
Product tags will not be shown to viewers if the video:
- Contains claimed content or is associated with an Official Artist Channel or channels associated with a music partner.
- Is made for kids.
- Is deemed limited or ineligible for monetization.
- Is paid content.
- Has been blocked for ads.
Tagging guidelines for products from other brands
You can only tag products if they are available at one of the selected retailers. You also have to select the specific retailer that you want to tag the product from. We’re open to working with more retailers in the future. Interested parties can get in touch with their YouTube representative to learn more.
There are certain products that you can't tag, such as, but not limited to: baby food, cleaning supplies, and tactical gear.
Tag, pin, rearrange, and remove products
Tag products before a live stream
- Go to the Live Control Room.
- In the left menu, select Stream or Manage .
- Below the live stream preview, click the Shopping tab.
- To open the selection tool, click CUSTOMIZE or .
- Search for any of your available products.
- Drag, drop, and order up to 30 products.
- To search for products from specific retailers, click Filter and enter the retailer name.
- To remove a product, click Delete next to the product.
- Click Save. Your changes will also be reflected at the individual video level settings.
- The order shown in the product picker is the same order shown to viewers.
- While you can tag products during a live stream, the updated selection may not be visible for some existing viewers.
- You can also tag products after a live stream ends in YouTube Studio. The newly tagged products will show during replays.
Pin a product during a live stream
When you live stream, you can pin one item to feature it prominently on your live stream.
Pin an item for a live stream:
Start a live stream using the Live control room.
Click the Shopping tab below the live stream preview.
Select one item to promote.
Click or drag it to the “Pinned products” panel Pin Product.
To unpin an item, click REMOVE PIN in the live stream preview.
Remove and rearrange products
While you can remove and rearrange products during a live stream, the updated selection may not be visible for some existing viewers. For the best viewer experience, finish removing and rearranging products at least 30 minutes before the live stream begins. You can also remove or rearrange products after a live stream ends. The newly tagged products will show during replays.
To rearrange or remove products:
- Go to the Live Control Room.
- Click the Shopping tab below the live stream preview.
- To open the selection tool, click CUSTOMIZE.
- Find the product that you’ve already tagged.
- To rearrange items: Drag the product to the desired position.
- To remove items: Click Delete next to the product.
- Select Continue to save your changes.