Creators in the YouTube Shorts Creator Community get access to a YouTube Shorts Community Partner Manager (CPM), who serves as their guide in navigating Shorts.
What is a YouTube Shorts Community Partner Manager?
A YouTube Shorts Community Partner Manager's goal is to educate, uplift and amplify the Shorts creator community – providing access to opportunities that expand creator connections, guide creators on YouTube and Shorts and empower creators to own their YouTube experience.
These are just a few of the ways that YouTube Shorts CPMs can help creators succeed on YouTube:
- Access to a growing network of inspiring creators
- Regular updates on Shorts best practices, new features and topical tips
- Exclusive invitations to creator/industry events and workshops
- Early access to the latest product features, launches and education on new Shorts features
- Opportunity to share feedback directly with the Shorts team
Who can join the YouTube Shorts Creator Community?
The YouTube Shorts CPM community is focused on active creators and is offered to channels that adhere to our Community Guidelines. Shorts creators in the community can also stay in it as long as they keep creating Shorts and follow eligibility criteria. If Shorts creators aren't actively creating Shorts or don't meet our eligibility criteria, they may lose access to the community.
In general, we work with channels that:
- Are located in or focusing on countries/regions where Shorts Community Partner Managers are available
- Are short-form-video-first creators
- Are actively posting on Shorts
- Have potential for growth
- Do not have any Community Guidelines strikes
- Have no more than one unresolved copyright strike
- Align with Shorts monetisation policies
- Adhere to our advertiser-friendly guidelines
- Are respectful towards all participating creators and Community Partner Managers while attending community events, workshops and similar engagements
Our YouTube Shorts Creator Community is invitation-only. To apply for an invitation, head over to our page on the YouTube Creators site.
Learn more about the YouTube Shorts Community
What countries/regions are eligible for the YouTube Shorts CPM Community?
Does a YouTube Shorts Community Partner Manager cost anything?
No, having a Shorts Community Partner Manager is a service that comes at no cost to you.
Is a YouTube Shorts Community Partner Manager different from a Partner Manager?
The YouTube Shorts CPM Community and the YouTube Partner Manager programme are two different programmes with distinct selection criteria and service offerings.
The YouTube Shorts CPM community manages a large community of fast-rising Shorts creators. The Partner Manager programme supports individual creators as one-on-one personal YouTube experts.
I found out that I'm not eligible. What should I do?
Don't worry! There are many resources that you can still use to grow your channel:
- Check out the YouTube Creators site.
- Find best practices in our Creator tips.
- Get to know our policies and guidelines.
How do I know that the emails I'm getting are really from YouTube?
We know that creators receive many emails about their channel. Here's how you can check that an email is actually from the YouTube team:
- Check the email domain: Make sure that the email is from an @google.com, @youtube.com or @partnerships.withyoutube.com email address. Emails from any other domains that claim to be from YouTube or Google are likely to be fake.
- Check the links: Make sure that the URL of links or forms included in the email end with youtube.com, withgoogle.com, withyoutube.com, youtube.secure.force.com or youtube.force.com.