If you've submitted a video for monetisation but don't see ads on it, there may be an issue. Use the info below to see what could be causing problems. Before you try any troubleshooting steps, make sure that your channel is eligible for monetisation.
Videos you can't show ads on
The following types of videos are not eligible for monetisation with ads:
Make sure that the video meets our guidelines
Make sure that the video has the right settings and meets the guidelines:
- Make sure that your video has the right settings:
- Ad formats are turned on your video.
- Make sure that your video meets the guidelines:
- Content in the video is advertiser-friendly (check the self-certification guidelines and examples on that page)
Still having issues?
Try these troubleshooting steps:
- If you've enabled ad-blocking software or add-ons and extensions on your browser, you might not see ads on your video. Try turning off the software or extension.
- If you've disabled ads for your channel within your Account Settings, ads will not be served on any of your videos.
- Ads may not be displayed on each video view. You can check your earnings to see whether ads have been displayed on specific videos in YouTube Analytics.
- Go to our monetisation icon guide to understand more about video monetisation status.