Ads aren't showing on my video
If you've submitted a video for monetization but don't see ads on it, use the information below to see what the issue may be.
Content you can't show ads on
Before you try any troubleshooting steps, make sure that your video is eligible for ads. If your video contains any of the following types of content, you can't show ads on it:
- Restricted content
- Videos with misleading or sensitive metadata
- Videos with third-party claims
- Videos that use content from YouTube video editor or AudioSwap
- Your channel has been disabled for monetization
Make sure the video meets our guidelines
If you're not seeing ads on your video or monetization isn't available, make sure the video has the right settings and meets the guidelines:
- Make sure your video has the right settings:
- Make sure your video meets the guidelines:
Get help with videos in the review process
If the monetization status has not changed for more than 72 hours or it seems stuck in the review process, check to see if we sent you a follow-up email requesting more information. Make sure to check that the email address associated to your YouTube channel is correct in your account settings and you've opted in to email notifications.
Repeated submission of ineligible videos, the same information, or insufficient documentation will not expedite the review time and may impact your ability to monetize videos in the future.
How long does review take?
Review time depends on a variety of factors, such as video and channel performance, the history of videos you've submitted for monetization, and the eligibility of your content.
Keep in mind that we receive many requests to monetize videos every day and review these submissions as quickly as possible. We may not be able to process every submission, but we continually monitor these factors and prioritize accordingly.
Still having issues?
Try these troubleshooting steps:
- If you've enabled ad-blocking software or add-ons and extensions on your browser, you might not see ads on your video. Try turning off the software or extension.
- If you've disabled ads for your channel within your Account Settings, ads will not serve on any of your videos.
- Ads may not display on each video view. You can check your earnings to see if ads have been displaying on specific videos in YouTube Analytics.
- Use our video monetization troubleshooter to get step-by-step help diagnosing the issue.