If you've turned on Watch Page or Shorts Feed ads, but aren’t seeing ads on your content, there may be an issue. Use the info below to see what could be causing problems. Before you try any troubleshooting steps, make sure that your channel is eligible to monetize.
Videos you can't show ads on
The following types of videos (including Shorts) are not eligible to monetize with ads:
- Videos that violate our YouTube channel monetization policies
- Videos with third-party claims
- Videos set as private
Make sure the video meets our guidelines
Make sure the video has the right settings and meets the guidelines:
- Make sure your video has the right settings:
- Monetization is turned on for your video.
- Make sure your video meets the guidelines:
- Content in the video is advertiser-friendly (check the self-certification guidelines and examples on that page).
Still having issues?
Try these troubleshooting steps:
- If you've turned on ad-blocking software or add-ons and extensions on your browser, you might not see ads on your video. Try turning off the software or extension.
- If you've turned off ads for your channel within your Account Settings, ads will not serve on any of your videos.
- Ads may not display on each video view. You can check your earnings to see whether ads have been displayed on specific videos in YouTube Analytics.
- Go to our monetization icon guide to understand more about video monetization status.