If you've submitted a video for monetization but don't see ads on it, use the information below to see what the issue may be. Before you try any troubleshooting steps, make sure that your channel is eligible to monetize.
Videos you can't show ads on
The following types of videos are not eligible to monetize with ads:
- Videos that are age-restricted
- Videos with limited features
- Videos with third-party claims
- Videos set as private
Make sure the video meets our guidelines
If you're not seeing ads on your video or monetization isn't available, make sure the video has the right settings and meets the guidelines:
- Make sure your video has the right settings:
- Ad formats are turned on your video
- Make sure your video meets the guidelines:
Still having issues?
Try these troubleshooting steps:
- If you've enabled ad-blocking software or add-ons and extensions on your browser, you might not see ads on your video. Try turning off the software or extension.
- If you've disabled ads for your channel within your Account Settings, ads will not serve on any of your videos.
- Ads may not display on each video view. You can check your earnings to see if ads have been displaying on specific videos in YouTube Analytics.
- Use our video monetization troubleshooter to get step-by-step help diagnosing the issue.