If you’re having problems uploading your video, select the error message you're seeing and follow the troubleshooting steps to solve your issue.
Channels that upload videos for commercial purposes, including Shorts with paid product placement, may see errors when uploading Shorts containing sounds from the Shorts Audio Library. These errors are a result of our agreements with some music partners, which restrict use of music in Shorts to personal and non-commercial uses.
As an alternative:
- You can reupload your Short and remove the music added from the Shorts Audio Library.
- You can reupload your Short, but add the music outside of the Shorts creation tools.
- Note: Before publishing your Short, make sure you have cleared all the necessary rights with the copyright owner or owners. If you do not clear rights with them, your Short could be subject to enforcement, including copyright takedowns and other legal actions.
- You can reupload your Short, but use royalty-free music. To find royalty-free music:
- Go to the Shorts Audio Library.
- Search for "YouTube Audio Library."
Double check before uploading that the song you’ve selected has:
- Green album artwork that says “YouTube Audio Library”
- The YouTube logo
If the search results meet this criteria, they do not require you to clear rights beforehand. If the search results don’t meet this criteria, they may not be cleared for use.