The Clips feature allows you to select and share a small portion (clip) of a Creator’s video with others. Clips can be 5–60 seconds in length and will play on a loop directly on the original video’s watch page. Both Creators and signed in viewers can create Clips to be shared, via a new URL. Clips can be shared on social channels or via direct communications (for example, email or text).
Create and share a clip
- Start watching an eligible video on YouTube
- Under the video, click the clip icon .
- A create clip box will appear.
- Select the section of the video you’d like to clip. You can increase (maximum of 60 seconds) or decrease (minimum of 5 seconds) the length of your selection by dragging the slider.
- Give the clip a title (max 140 characters).
- Click the SHARE CLIP button.
- A panel will appear, presenting different sharing options for you to use:
- Social networks: Click a social network icon (for example, Facebook or Twitter) to share the video there.
- Embed: Click the Embed button to generate a code you can use to embed the video in a website.
- Email: Choose the email icon to send an email using the default email software on your computer.
- Copy the link: Click the COPY button to copy a link to the video that you can paste somewhere else, like in an email message.
Learn more about Clips
I don't see the ability to create Clips on YouTube.
Clips can’t be made from:
- Videos made for kids
- Live streams without DVR
- Live streams over 8 hours long
- Premieres while they’re still live
Why are the Clips I created no longer available?
If the original video violates our Community Guidelines, Clips created from that video will be removed.
I created a clip from a live stream that's not working.
Why are there ads on the clip I created?