Parents who decide that their child under 13 (or the relevant age in their country/region) is ready to explore YouTube can set up a supervised account. Supervised accounts are linked to a parent's own Google Account.
Choose one of these options to create a supervised account:
Option 1: From YouTube or YouTube Music on a parent's device
- Using the Google Account that you use as a parent manager of your child's account, sign in to one of the following:
2. Go to your profile picture
3. Select Settings .
4. Select Parent Settings.
5. Select your child and follow the next steps.
Option 2: From YouTube or YouTube Music on a child's device
- Sign in to the main YouTube app, the YouTube Music app or the YouTube app on a smart TV or streaming device. Use your child's Google Account that's linked to yours.
- Select GET STARTED and follow the next steps.
- Note: You'll need to enter your own Google Account password to give permission.
Option 3: From families.youtube.com on the web
- Go to families.youtube.com.
- Sign in to the Google Account that you use as a parent manager of your child's account.
- Select a child from your family group and follow the next steps.
Option 4: From the Family Link app
- Sign in to your Family Link app .
- Select your child.
- Tap Manage settings.
- Tap Settings on YouTube and follow the next steps.
To begin the supervised experience on YouTube:
- Update apps: If your child uses a mobile device, make sure that all of their YouTube apps are up to date.
2. Sign in: Sign your child in to YouTube on all the devices that they use.
There are several parental controls and settings available for your child's supervised experience.