You can now watch YouTube videos on the Xbox Series X|S. In the YouTube app you can view your subscribed channels, search for content, and use your mobile device as a remote.
YouTube is available in 4K on Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X models. The maximum resolution for the original Xbox One console is 1080p. HDR playback is supported on Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X models.
Download the YouTube app
When you first open the YouTube app, you can sign in with your Google Account. When signed in, you have access to more YouTube features such as your playlists and subscriptions. To sign in, follow these steps:
On your Xbox Series X|S:
- Navigate to Sign in & Settings
- Select SIGN IN. You should now see an activation code displayed.
On your computer:
- Go to www.youtube.com/activate and enter in the activation code shown on the Xbox Series S or X.
- Click Allow Access, which completes the sign in process.
Learn how to unlink your account from your Xbox Series X|S.
Once you select a video to play, a player controls bar will appear allowing you to perform the following actions:
- Rewind - Press A to increase the rewind speed.
- Pause/resume - Pause or resume the video.
- Fast forward - Press A to increase the fast forward speed.
- Closed Captioning - If the video has captions, select this to view the video's closed captions.
Use the B button to go back to browsing videos.
You can also control the YouTube app using your voice. To enable voice control, say "Xbox Select." Now you can say any word or phrase highlighted on the screen to open that item.
Xbox error message
Follow our troubleshooting guidelines to help fix the issue.