You can now watch YouTube videos on the Xbox Series X|S. In the YouTube app you can view your subscribed channels, search for content, and use your mobile device as a remote.
YouTube is available in 4K on Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X models. The maximum resolution for the original Xbox One console is 1080p. HDR playback is supported on Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X models.
Download the YouTube app on your Xbox Series X|S
- Go to the Xbox store on your device.
- Search for YouTube.
- Select Download.
When you first open the YouTube app, you can sign in with your Google Account. When signed in, you have access to more YouTube features such as your playlists and subscriptions. To sign in, follow these steps:
On your Xbox Series X|S:
- Navigate to Sign in & Settings
- Select SIGN IN. You should now see an activation code displayed.
On your computer:
- Go to www.youtube.com/activate and enter in the activation code shown on the Xbox Series S or X.
- Click Allow Access, which completes the sign in process.
Once you select a video to play, a player controls bar will appear allowing you to perform the following actions:
- Rewind - Press A to increase the rewind speed.
- Pause/resume - Pause or resume the video.
- Fast forward - Press A to increase the fast forward speed.
- Closed Captioning - If the video has captions, select this to view the video's closed captions.
Use the B button to go back to browsing videos.
Xbox error message
Below are some tips to help solve the problem:
- Check or reset your internet connection
- Contact your ISP to increase your internet speed
- Restart your Xbox
- Restart the YouTube app