The YouTube app is available on PlayStation 5. In the YouTube app you can view your subscribed channels, search for content, and use your mobile device as a remote.
Download the YouTube app on your PlayStation 5
- Follow on-screen prompts to download media apps.
- Confirm that YouTube is selected.
- Select Download.
If you are not setting up your PlayStation 5 and want to download the YouTube app, follow the steps below.
- Go to the PlayStation store.
- Search for YouTube.
- Select Download.
There are two ways to sign in or out to YouTube.
To sign in or out via the YouTube app, follow these steps:
- Open the YouTube app
- Select Sign in or Sign out.
- Sign in with your Google Account when you're asked to. If you have more than one Google Account, be sure to select the account you use with YouTube.
- After signing in, a list of Google identities associated with your account may show. Be sure to choose the account that's linked to your YouTube channel. If you select a Brand Account that doesn't have a YouTube channel, you won't be able to sign in.
To sign in or out via your PlayStation 5 settings, follow these steps:
- Go to PS5 Settings Users and Accounts Link with Other Services YouTube
- Select Sign In or Sign Out.
Once you select a video to play, there will be a player control bar that allows you to perform the following actions:
- Go home - returns you to the home screen.
- Play - will play or resume your video.
- Forward - will advance the video by 10 seconds.
- Rewind - will rewind the video by 10 seconds.
- Captions - will show the video's closed captions, if available.
When playing a video, you can find more options by selecting More Actions. There you'll find the options to:
- Subscribe to the channel.
- Rate the video.
- Report the video for violating Community Guidelines.
Voice Search on PS5
- Open the YouTube app and go to the Search page.
- Select the Mic to the left of the on-screen keyboard (or for a shortcut, press L2 on your controller).
- Speak into the mic and say what you're looking for.
- Your results will pop up.