When you live stream a Stadia game on YouTube, you can use features that let your viewers interact with the game.
Stadia games that feature Crowd Choice create their own polls to let viewers decide what happens next in a live streamed game. Poll questions and results display in the YouTube chat box next to the live stream.
Stadia games that feature Crowd Play let a Creator live stream the game on YouTube and invite viewers to play with them on Stadia. Viewers can line up in a multiplayer lobby and play live with the Creator on Stadia when it’s their turn. The Crowd Play button will display below the YouTube live chat box, next to the live stream.
Use an encoder
You can use Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) or other third-party software to live stream Stadia games to YouTube. See below for instructions on how to stream with OBS and YouTube Studio.
Note: Some live streaming features might only be available if you stream Stadia games with third-party software like OBS.
Step 1: YouTube Studio
- On your computer, go to studio.youtube.com.
- Note: Make sure you're signed into the channel associated with the account you linked with Stadia.
- Select Create Go live.
- On the left navigation panel, select Manage Schedule stream.
- Note: If you've never used YouTube Live Control Room before, follow the onscreen instructions to start a stream using third-party software.
- Enter a title for your stream.
- Select your privacy settings.
- Note: If you choose to make your stream viewable by children, you won't be able to use enhanced features like Crowd Play and Crowd Choice.
- Click Create new.
- Note: If you've set up a stream before, you can click Reuse settings.
- Enter the title of your stream, then select whether or not it's intended for children. Click Next until you're done entering additional stream information, then click Done.
- In the live streaming panel, next to "Stream key (paste in encoder)", click Copy.
- Under "Stream latency", select Ultra low-latency.
- Tip: Learn more about live streaming latency.
Step 2: Third-party software
Step 3: Set up your stream on stadia.com
- On your computer, sign into your account on stadia.com.
- At the top, click your Stadia avatar Stadia settings YouTube.
- Next to the channel you want to link to, click Link with Stadia.
- Note: If you don't have a YouTube channel, click Create a channel and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Return to the Stadia home screen and launch the game you want to stream.
- Open the Stadia menu click Live stream.
- Click Use streaming software.
- Under "YouTube live stream", select your stream.
- If the game supports features like Crowd Choice or Crowd play, turn them on or off.
- Click Done.
Hide the Stadia menu from your viewers
When you live stream to YouTube using third-party software like OBS, viewers can see your Stadia menu when it appears over the game. To hide the Stadia menu from your viewers, you can move it to where your viewers can't see it:
- Open the Stadia menu.
- If you're using a Stadia Controller, press the Stadia button .
- If you're using a computer keyboard, press Shift + Tab.
- In the top-right corner of the menu, click Pop out .
- Click and drag the Stadia menu to an area on your display where the game doesn't appear, such as the extended display on a second monitor.