Manage caption settings
Captions are available on videos where the owner has added them and on some videos where YouTube automatically provides them. You can change the default settings for captions on your computer or mobile device.
You can turn YouTube captions on or off and adjust their size on your computer and mobile device.
Turn captions on or off
- Go to the video.
- Tap menu .
- To turn captions on, tap .
- To turn captions off, tap again.
Adjust default size and style of captions
- Open your iOS device Settings app.
- Go to General.
- Tap Accessibility.
- Under the "Media" section, tap Subtitles & Captioning.
- Tap Style to adjust display size and font style.
- Tap Create New Style for more font styles, sizes, and colors.