YouTube movie & TV show purchases can now be viewed offline using the YouTube app. Once you buy or rent the content you’re interested in, it can be downloaded on an iOS or Android device and watched at any time. Your device won’t have to be connected to the internet to watch your content.
To download your purchase, you’ll need to be signed in to your YouTube app using the same Google Account used to make the purchase.
You don’t need to be a YouTube Premium subscriber to download a purchased movie or TV show episode. This feature is available to all users on supported devices running iOS 11 or higher and Android 16.23 or higher.
How to download movies & TV shows episodes
You can download purchased movies and TV show episodes on up to five devices.
Rented movies and TV show episodes can only be downloaded on one device at a time. To download a rented video on another device, you have to remove it from the first device and then download it again to the desired device.
To download a rental or purchase for offline viewing, follow these steps:
- Purchase or rent the movie or TV show episodes you want on a computer or mobile device, or on a smart TV.
- Using an iOS or Android device, sign in to the YouTube app using the same account you used for renting or purchasing the content.
- Tap on the Library tab.
- Tap on Your Movies & Shows. You should see the movies and TV show episodes that you’ve purchased or rented.
- Tap the movie or TV episode you’d like to download for offline viewing.
- Tap Download .
- Select a video quality. Different video qualities will be available depending on your purchased quality and the quality supported by the device you are using to download. UHD is not available for download.
- Some titles have multiple languages available for the audio track. Select the preferred audio track for the movie or TV show episode. Note: All subtitles available for the specific movie or TV show episode will be available for offline viewing.
- The ”'Downloaded” icon will appear below the video player when the download is complete.
If you wish to download several episodes of a show, repeat the steps for each episode.
On certain mobile devices, videos and playlists can be downloaded only when connected to a Wi-Fi network. To download videos over a mobile network:
- Tap on your profile picture.
- Tap Settings.
- Turn off Download over Wi-Fi only under "Background & Downloads".
How to access downloaded movies & TV shows episodes
How to remove movies & TV shows episodes from downloads
- In the YouTube app, tap on the Library tab.
- Tap Downloads .
- Find the downloaded movie or TV episode that you’d like to remove.
- Tap Menu next to the movie or TV show episode.
- Tap Delete from downloads.