You add a source connection to allow Google Workspace Migrate to read, convert, and transfer data from a file share to your Google Workspace account.
Add a source connection for file shares
- In the Google Workspace Migrate platform, click New Connection.
- Under Name, enter a connection name.
- Under Type, select Fileshare.
- Under Folder path, enter the local file path to the highest-level file share folder that you want to migrate.
Note: The path must be a network (UNC) path and can specify a machine (\\machine-name) or a share or folder on a machine (\\machine-name\share-name\folder-name).
- Under Account, choose an option:
- Select an existing account.
- Select Add a new account. Then, in the Credential type field, choose an option:
- To use the existing file share administrator username and password, select Default network credentials.
- To add a new file share administrator, select Alternate credentials and enter the username (using the format email@example.com) and password of the administrator.
Note: The account you enter must have full control rights across the entire data repository.
- Click Create.
Tip: If the connection fails, on the platform or node, try accessing the folder path using File Explorer Manager to verify the path and credentials.
- In the Google Workspace Migrate platform, click Connections. You might have to click Menu first.
- Point to the connection and click More Edit.
- Enter your changes and click Save.