If you're migrating from OneDrive for Business, follow the instructions for SharePoint unless specified.
You use a settings template to determine what types of content to migrate and how the data appears after a migration. You can use a default settings template or customize your own one.
We recommend that you don’t change the settings template while you are running a bridge. Doing so changes the parameters of the migration and can cause inconsistent behavior.
About settings templates
A default settings template selects the most common migration options for your data source. Choose the settings template that matches your connection and migration target:
- For Microsoft Exchange connections, you have one option (Default).
- For Box, file shares, and Microsoft SharePoint connections:
- Migrate to shared drives
- Migrate to My Drive
- For Google Workspace connections:
- Migrate My Drive to shared drives
- Default (for content that isn’t migrating from My Drive to shared drives)
Note: In a single bridge, you can migrate to a user's My Drive or shared drives, but not to both.
You can also create your own template by customizing a default template. A custom template allows you to set up what data you're migrating and how it appears in your target domain.
Select or customize a default settings template
- In the Google Workspace Migrate platform, click Settings templates. You might have to click Menu first.
- Point to the settings template and click Template .
- Review the default settings template and choose an option:
- If you don’t change any settings, click Cancel.
- If you make changes to the settings, click Create new template. Enter a name and click Create.
Delete a custom settings template
You can’t delete a default template or a template associated with an existing bridge.
- Click Settings templates. You might have to click Menu first.
- Under Custom, next to the template, check the box.
- Click Delete Delete.
- Understand Exchange settings templates
- Understand SharePoint settings templates
- Understand file share settings templates
- Understand Google Workspace settings templates
- Understand Box settings templates
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.