Before you use Google Workspace Migrate, create a Google Workspace service account for authentication. How you create the account depends on whether you want to run an automated script (recommended) or to manually create a service account.
Option 1: Use an automated script to create the account
This GitHub script is not supported by Google Workspace support. If you have issues using the script, follow the steps to manually create the account instead.
- In a browser window, open the Cloud Shell Editor.
- Enter python3 <(curl -s -S -L https://git.io/gwm-create-service-account).
- Complete the steps in the Cloud Shell window.
- Click Download to download the JSON file that contains the service account's client ID to your computer.
- Complete the steps in Create the OAuth Web client ID.
Learn more about using the script.
Option 2: Manually create the account
Follow the steps in Manually create a service account.