Before you use Google Workspace Migrate, create a Google Workspace service account for authentication. How you create the account depends on whether you want to run an automated script (recommended) or manually create a service account.
Option 1: Use an automated script to create the account
- In a browser window, open the Cloud Shell Editor.
- Enter python3 <(curl -s -S -L https://git.io/gwm-create-service-account).
- Complete the steps in the Cloud Shell window.
- Click Download to download the JSON file that contains the service account's client ID to your computer.
- Complete the steps in Create the OAuth Web client ID.
Option 2: Manually create the account
Follow the steps in Manually create a service account.