You can follow the time users spend with G Suite apps during weekends.
View the data
- From the Work Insights dashboard, on the left, click Work patterns.
- Find the chart titled “Do users work with G Suite on weekends?”
- In team filter at the upper-right corner of the page, select a team. For details, see Filter Work Insights data by team.
- (Optional) In the time filter at upper-right corner of the page, select a different time range.
- (Optional) To view usage on a specific Saturday or Sunday, move your pointer over the chart to pinpoint a date and its associated app usage.
- (Optional) To view data for specific apps or activities, check or uncheck the G Suite boxes in the chart's legend.
Tip: For more information on navigating charts, see Navigate Work Insights.
What the chart means
The chart shows the average time users spent using Gmail and meetings, as well as Docs, Sheets, and Slides during weekends. Meeting data is retrieved from each user’s calendar.
Depending on the time range you’ve set, the chart can help expose trends in G Suite usage during weekends.
How the data is calculated
The total amount of hours that users spend with G Suite (desktop or mobile) outside of standard business hours is divided by the total number of those users.
Standard business hours are based on each user’s calendar settings. If no settings are available, we assume the hours are 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM in the user’s time zone.
Use the data
|Identify teams working significant hours during weekends.||Encourage them to establish their working days and hours on their calendars. This might help reduce emails, meetings, or collaboration during weekends.|
|Determine if any spikes in work hours during weekends are part of an expected pattern, such as days before a product launch.||
If you continually see unexpected hours during weekends, consider sending a survey to users to help you understand the possible reasons. Consistent weekend work hours might be unique to the employee's role, such as a support function.
|Determine if specific teams are co-located and working during weekends.||If some team members work remotely or in different time zones, clarify whether their location is impacting core working hours.|