You can follow the percentage of time users spend with Google Workspace apps in your organization.
View the data
- From the Work Insights dashboard, on the left, click Work patterns.
- Find the chart titled “What percentage of time do users spend in each app?”
- In team filter at the upper-right corner of the page, select a team. For details, see Filter Work Insights data by team.
- (Optional) In the time filter at upper-right corner of the page, select a different time range.
- (Optional) To pinpoint a date and its associated app usage, move your pointer over any area of the graph.
- (Optional) To view data for specific apps, check or uncheck the app boxes in the chart's legend.
Tip: For more information on navigating charts, see Navigate Work Insights.
What the chart means
This chart shows the average time a user spent in Gmail, Docs, Sheets, and Slides, so you can check if it's what you expect. Use the team filter selection to reveal time patterns from team to team.
The chart doesn't necessarily show an increase or decrease of Google Workspace usage over time. Rather, it shows the relative time spent using each app.
How the data is calculated
The amount of time spent using an app is divided by the total amount of time spent in Google Workspace.
Use the data
|Identify any Google Workspace apps that might have low usage by viewing the actual time users spend with each Google Workspace app.||See How much time do users spend in each app?|