Sign up a customer for Cloud Identity
Cloud Identity is an Identity as a Service (IDaaS) solution that administrators can use to manage all their users easily from a central location—the Google Admin console. Cloud Identity accounts are accounts for users who don’t need G Suite core services, such as Gmail or Drive.
There are two editions of Cloud Identity: A free edition that contains core features, and the Cloud Identity Premium edition that contains enhanced features. Learn more.
You can order either or both editions of Cloud Identity for a new or existing customer.
Order Cloud Identity for a new customer
- Sign in to the Reseller console.
- At the bottom of the Customer page, click Add .
- On the Add Customer page, enter your customer's registered domain name (without "www": Example: solarmora.com).
- If you get an error message that the customer already exists, try entering a different domain. This error can mean the domain is already managed by you.
- If the customer’s domain is associated with an existing Google Account that they pay for directly, you’ll be prompted to enter a transfer token. For those steps, see Transfer a customer account to your reseller account.
- Click Add.
- For the customer type, select Domain-verified.
Cloud identity customers must verify their domain.
- If the customer is an educational institution, under Educational Status:
- Check the box.
- Select the institution type.
Important: This information is required for educational institutions.
- Enter the information for the organization name, contact information, and primary administrator.
- Click Next: Set up billing plan.
- On the Select payment plan page:
- Select a product.
- Premium edition only: Choose an option:
- If the customer qualifies, select a 30-day free trial plan.
- Choose a payment plan.
- Premium edition only: Enter the maximum number of users.
- (Optional) Enter a purchase order (P.O.) number.
- Click Continue.
- Review your information and click Continue.
- To complete the order:
- Contact the primary administrator you entered in step 7 (above) and tell them to sign in to the Google Admin console and accept the Terms of Service.
- The customer also needs to verify their domain. Share the instructions to verify your domain for Cloud Identity.
Order Cloud Identity for an existing customer
- Sign in to the Reseller console.
- On the Customer list, click the customer’s name.
- Scroll down to the Subscriptions section and next to Purchase Additional Services, click Add + .
- Locate Cloud Identity or Cloud Identity Premium and click Place Order.
- On the overview page, click Get started.
- On the following pages, review your order and click Continue.
To complete the order, the customer needs to sign in to their Admin console and accept the Terms of Service. After they do this, the Cloud Identity subscription status changes from Suspended to Active on the customer’s subscriptions page.
Turn off G Suite automatic licensing
If the customer already has G Suite, and you sign them up for the free Cloud Identity service, you should check their automatic licensing settings. If automatic licensing is turned on for G Suite for an organization, all new users in that organization automatically receive a paid G Suite license in addition to their free Cloud Identity license.
Turning off automatic licensing ensures that new users are assigned only a free Cloud Identity license. If a user needs access to G Suite services like Gmail, you can assign the user a paid G Suite license manually or turn automatic licensing on for a particular organization to give all the users in that organization a G Suite license.
- In the Subscriptions section on the customer page, click the Down arrow to the left of their G Suite subscription.
- Click in the Auto-licensing field for the relevant organization and select Off for everyone.
- Click Save.