The option is no longer available.
After December 31, 2019, we started updating G Suite business email accounts to a G Suite Basic accounts. All accounts will be automatically updated to G Suite Basic in early January 2020. Learn more.
Before December 31, 2019, you can cancel your G Suite business email subscription and return to using only your Gmail account.
If you don't cancel before December 31, 2019: We automatically update your subscription from G Suite business email to G Suite Basic. Learn about the changes to your account.
Check if your account is updated to G Suite Basic
- On your computer (not mobile device or tablet), go to Gmail.
- Sign in with your business email address (doesn't end in @gmail.com)
- In the top right, click Settings Settings.
- Click Manage this domain.
- Check which panel opens:
You have G Suite business email
Manage business email panel
You have G Suite Basic
Google Admin console
|Follow the steps below to cancel your G Suite business email subscription.||Your Gmail and G Suite Basic accounts are permanently linked. If you cancel your G Suite Basic subscription, both your Gmail and your G Suite Basic accounts are deleted.
Cancel your G Suite Basic subscription.
For help with your G Suite business email account, contact Google Support.
- From your Gmail account, click in the upper right, and select Manage this domain.
- Scroll down and click Contact Support.
Keep your Gmail account and cancel your G Suite business subscription
For more information, see Considerations before signing up, unlocking additional settings, or canceling.
|Your business email address||You can no longer send or receive mail from your business email address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org).|
|Your Gmail address||You return to using free, basic Gmail. You can only sign in with your Gmail address and current password.|
(purchased when you signed up for Business email)
|You continue to own your domain until it expires at the end of its current registration. You can manage domain registration and other settings at domains.google.com.|
|Your data||Email, Drive files, and contact information in your Gmail account remain intact.|
|Your storage||Your Google Drive storage quota decreases from 30 GB to 15 GB.|
|Google Play||Apps you purchased in the Google Play Store remain with your Gmail account. Some in-app purchases from sellers other than Google might no longer be available.|
|Your Groups||The Groups you created under your domain are deleted.|
|Your Sites||The Sites you created under your domain are deleted.|
|Support for your account||You no longer have access to G Suite support.|
When you cancel G Suite, your account storage (for photos, files, email) decreases from 30 GB to 15 GB.
To check your storage, sign in to your Gmail account and go to https://drive.google.com/settings/storage.
If you're using more than 15 GB, you can clear storage space now or buy more storage immediately after you cancel your G Suite subscription. Learn more.
Additional storage subscriptions: If you purchased additional Drive storage before you signed up for G Suite, your storage subscription continues as usual. Storage subscriptions purchased with your G Suite account are automatically canceled. Learn more about storage.
If you need help, contact Google Support before you cancel your subscription.
- Your email, contacts, documents, and files created with your G Suite or Gmail address stay with your Gmail account.
- Your G Suite email address is deleted. You no longer have access to files that were shared only with your G Suite address. You can contact the file owner to share the file with your Gmail address.
Some data and content created or linked to your G Suite account can't be downloaded or transferred to your Gmail account. This includes:
|Service||When you cancel|
|Google Play||Apps you purchased in the Google Play Store remain with your account. Some in-app purchases from sellers other than Google might no longer be available.|
|Google Sites||Sites created with your G Suite domain are deleted (for example, sites.google.com/your-domain.com).|
|Google+||Google+ is available only with G Suite accounts. You can download your Google+ data before you cancel.|
The Groups you created under your domain are deleted. You might be able to transfer ownership of a group.
- From your Gmail account, click Settings and select Manage this domain.
- Under Subscriptions, click Cancel your business email.
- Check the box to confirm you have read and understand what happens when you cancel.
- Click Cancel business email.
- Optional: If your Gmail account is over 15 GB, you can purchase more storage.
You billed for your G Suite business email subscription up to the day of cancellation. At the start of next month, we'll email your final invoice.
After you cancel G Suite, your domain registration automatically expires at its annual renewal date and you're no longer billed. Learn more .
If you keep your domain registration: You can forward messages sent to your old G Suite email address to your Gmail account.
Keep your domain registration
- Update your domain renewal settings
- Check your contact information and update any references to your old G Suite address.
For assistance, contact Google Domains Support.
You can automatically forward messages from your old G Suite address (such as email@example.com) to your Gmail account.
Requirements: Your domain must be registered with Google Domains or another domain host.
- If your domain is hosted by Google Domains: Create an email alias with your domain name and forward messages to your Gmail account. You can add up to 100 email aliases at your domain—for example, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com—at no cost. Learn how .
If you transferred your domain to another domain host: Contact your domain host for help with forwarding email.
- After you create the email alias, set up your Gmail account to send messages from your email alias. Learn how.
For assistance, contact Google Domains Support.