Use business email on your mobile device
You can use business email and Google apps such as Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Drive, and more on your Android, or Apple® iOS® device. Download the Gmail mobile app to:
- Enjoy the ease and simplicity of Gmail for your business email wherever you are.
- Use business email and Google apps on an Android or iOS mobile device.
- Quickly see messages organized by priority.
- Search all of your email to find what you need.
When you set up your Android phone or tablet with a Google Account, the Gmail app is ready to go. For more details, see Change Gmail settings (Android).
Get the Gmail mobile app on your iPhone or iPad
The Gmail mobile app is the recommended way to instantly receive mail on your iPhone and iPad. The mobile app brings the best of Gmail. For example, you can receive real-time notifications, search across your entire inbox, and more.
For more information, and to download the Gmail mobile app, see Overview of the Gmail app (iPhone & iPad).
Configure Third Party Clients Using IMAP
You can configure Gmail for other mobile devices (in addition to Android and iOS) using IMAP. For more information, see Use email clients with IMAP or POP. For specific information about supported features and other details, refer to the documentation for your mobile device’s IMAP client.
Choose which email address you want to use
When you send email, you may choose to use either your Gmail address or your business email address. You can also change which address to use when you reply to emails. To set the “From” address, use the Gmail Send email as feature. This feature changes how your name is displayed on all your outgoing mail. For details, see Send mail as another address.
If you need help getting your mobile device apps (Gmail, Calendar, and so forth) to update more quickly after making changes, here are some useful tips.
It may take some time for your device to update with your new business email address. If you want to expedite this, you can try the following troubleshooting tips:
Restart your device. If restart doesn’t update your device:
- Go to Settings > Accounts > Add an account.
- Add a new account for your business email address.
- Remove your old Gmail account.
If you are using the built in iOS email application, you will have to update your profile to use your new business email and sign back in.
To update your profile:
- Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Select your existing Gmail account and click Account.
- Edit the email to specify your new business email address.
- Click Done.
Remove the existing address profile
If you are using the Gmail application for iOS, you can remove the existing @gmail address profile:
- Launch the Gmail application for iOS.
- Select Edit.
- Remove the old @gmail address.
Add the new business email address profile
- Click Add Account.
- Sign in with your business email address and password (the password is the same as your @gmail.com account).
- Click Done.
IMAP client (non-Google clients)
If you are using an IMAP client on another device type:
Alternatively, you can remove the existing Gmail address from the phone and then add the new business email address.
- Sign out of your Google (Gmail) account.
- Update your profile to use your new business email address.
- Sign in with your new business email address.
- If you have trouble using business email with your mobile email client, see these troubleshooting tips.