Create business emails for your team
- Your Gmail and G Suite Basic accounts will be permanently linked. This means if you ever cancel your G Suite Basic subscription, both your Gmail and your G Suite Basic accounts are deleted.
Your pricing automatically changes on the effective date (January 1, 2020). You are billed according to the G Suite Basic Flexible Plan(regional discounts apply).
If you don’t want your accounts permanently linked: Before December 31, 2019, you can cancel your G Suite business email account and return to using only your Gmail account.
As of March 4, 2019, we no longer offer new signups for business email powered by G Suite.
By unlocking additional features on your G Suite subscription, you can create new user accounts, manage additional security settings, and see reporting on usage. Your team members can then use Gmail as well as other Google services such as Drive, Docs, Forms, and Hangouts.
To get a business email for someone on your team, you need to create an account for them.
Each additional user account costs 5 $USD per user/month. Learn more about managing your payments and billing.
Step 1: Unlock additional G Suite features
The first step in creating business emails for your team is to unlock additional G Suite features.
- From your Gmail account, click Settings and select Manage this domain.
- Click Create addresses for your team.
- Read the detailed information, including the limitations, before checking the Agreement box and clicking Unlock Additional Features.
- The Admin console dashboard opens. Step through an optional tour of the key features. See the next step below for how to set up your team’s email addresses.
Step 2: Create a business email for a team member
The next step in creating business emails for your team is to create accounts for them.
To create a business email account for each team member:
- From the Admin console dashboard, click Users.
- Hover over Add and click Add user .
- Enter your team member’s First Name, Last Name, and Primary email address.
- (Optional) Set your team member's initial password.
The Admin console generates a temporary password for your team member, using a mixed pattern of symbols, upper and lowercase letters, and numbers. The length of the password is greater than the required minimum (8), or the minimum password length you've set for your domain. To set a different initial password, click Set password and enter the password twice. See Password help for tips on creating a secure password.
- (Optional) Click Additional info to add contact information (such as your team member's mobile phone number or work address) and any other employee details you want to add to their profile.
This information is visible in the Admin console and Gmail contacts.
- Click Create.
- Click Email instructions or Print instructions to deliver the account information to the new user.
If you email the instructions, be sure to send the message to an email address that’s currently accessible to the user, not to the new email address.
- Click Done.
- (Optional) Edit additional user settings.
To set other user settings, such as adding the new user to groups or omitting the user's information from your G Suite Directory, click the user's name in the list on the Users page. See Manage user accounts and passwords for instructions.
It can take up to 24 hours for new accounts to appear in the searchable G Suite Directory in your Contacts. You can also hide a team member from the G Suite Directory by changing the sharing options.
Want to add several users at once or invite users by email? See Options for adding users.