Die von Ihnen angeforderte Seite ist derzeit nicht in Ihrer Sprache verfügbar. Sie können eine beliebige Webseite umgehend mit der in Google Chrome integrierten Übersetzungsleiste in eine Sprache Ihrer Wahl übersetzen.
/work/android/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
has anyone had the following happen after the Google update to Android system WebView
Need assistance: has anyone had the following happen after the Google update to Android system WebView and Chrome on March 23rd?
Apps that use web content wont connect. 
Chrome says it is not connecting to internet or pages don't load
Microsoft apps wont update. Emails don't come in or teams does not refresh chats and calendar.
We have an MDM and this is affecting almost all of our devices. We have the Galaxy S series devices. I have tried to use the Android System WebView beta version and this does seem to stabilize the issue but I cant roll that out to all our users because it is beta. Has anyone else been experiencing this? I am not sure how to reach out to Google to impress on them the business impact this is causing us. At this time only a reboot temporarily fixes the issue but then it happens again. Some users are rebooting 10+ times a day.
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (8)
Relevant Answer
Hi Angela,

Thank you for raising this issue. 

There is a fix implemented in WebView version 89.0.4389.105. Most device will update to this version automatically however you can also follow the instructions below to retrieve the update:
  • On Android 9 and below, the fix can be picked up by manually updating WebView in the managed Play Store.
  • On Android 10 and 11, the fix will need to be installed via auto-update.
    • You can force auto-update by setting a minimumVersionCode of 438910500 or by setting a maintenanceWindow and allowing auto-updates over any network, depending on how you want the fix to be deployed (e.g. considering devices using an app in Lock Task mode).
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
We have already updated to this version and we are still experiencing this issue. This version helped the app crashes but it does not help the connectivity issue we are seeing. A reboot of the phone usually does the trick but then it stops working again. This is affecting a large number of devices in our environment.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi Angela,

Please raise a support ticket through your EMM. They will be able to do initial troubleshooting and if required can then escalate to our partner support team.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Android auto web view not updating
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
After the recent (10th May, 2021) update of 'Android System Web View', Apps are either taking longer time to open or crashing instantly. I am not able to use my phone since then. Kindly, fix this issue as soon as possible..
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have gone by the instructions and still cannot do updates to system webview or chrome. This has been going on since April. Please help.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hmm. Guess I'm not understanding these posts. Sent a post a couple of days ago, about the same problem everyone else is having with android system webview and chrome not updating. Got a post saying there has been an answer to my post per the previous post, but, I do not see it. Still need help here, please.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/work/android/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic