This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
When adding a second WiFi point I get a "Failed to Complete Setup" error message 0 Recommended Answers 24 Replies 135 Upvotes
Last edited 7/21/18
I have completed setup for my first WiFi point and it is working splendidly. I would like to set up another point on the other end of the house but every time I go through the setup I get a "Failed to Complete Setup" message.
Here is what I am doing:
1. Go to the app and go to add a WiFi point.
2. The app tells me to place the point and to turn it on. It is and it is powered on.
3. It then scans the network for the point and eventually finds it.
4. It tells me to scan the QR code which I do.
5. It then stays at the "Connecting to WiFi point" screen until it exits the setup with the "Failed to Complete Setup" message
Troubleshooting steps I have followed:
- Turning the WiFi on my phone one and off
- Shut the app down and restarted it
- Rebooting my phone
- Reboot the master WiFi point and the network through the app
- Connected straight to the SETUPXXXXX and tried to add a new WiFi point
- Reboot the new WiFi point I am trying to connect
- Factory reset the new WiFi point I am trying to connect
- Manually enter the setup code
My phone is a Pixel 2 running Android version 9 build number PPP4.180612.004.
I am writing this after spending almost 25 minutes to be connected to a Google WiFi support specialist on the support line.
I am at a loss with why it is not working and would appreciate any help or suggestions.
Thanks in advance!
The problem was resolved by turning off my mobile data on my phone before adding the second WiFi point. I then turned my data back on after setup was complete and everything worked like a charm.
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.
Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.