Wifi point doesn't have QR code
Each Google Wifi point has a unique QR code printed on a label on the bottom of the device. When setting up a new Wifi point, you need to scan this code with your phone’s camera in order to connect your phone to the Wifi point.
If the QR code label is missing or you’re unable to scan it with your phone, you can manually retrieve and enter the QR code into the Google Wifi app.
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect a computer directly to the Wifi point that's missing the QR code label.
- Open your computer’s web browser and go to http://192.168.86.1/api/v1/status.
- Look for the 'setupNetwork' section of the output.
- Find the 'ssid' (this will be the name of the setup Wifi network) and the 'psk' (this will be the password used to connect).
- Manually connect to the SSID and enter the psk to connect to the Wifi point and begin the setup process.
Have more questions about Google Wifi? Contact us.