PPPoE issues during Google Nest Wifi or Google Wifi setup
In rare cases, if your connection requires PPPoE (Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet) authentication, you may encounter an error during the authentication process. This may result in the following error message in the Google Home or Google Wifi app, 'Error connecting to WAN', followed by the PPPoE credentials screen.
If this happens during setup, take these steps:
- Make sure that you’re entering your PPPoE username and password. This will probably be different from any password that you’ve created for previous Wi-Fi networks and may differ from the username and password you use to manage your account with your ISP.
- Unplug the modem from power.
- Wait 30 seconds and plug the modem back in.
- Wait approximately 3 minutes to let the modem come back online completely.
- Try to set up again. If prompted, enter your PPPoE username and password again in the PPPoE credentials screen.
- If you continue to receive the 'Error connecting to WAN' message followed by the PPPoE credentials screen, please contact your ISP.