Set a custom LAN IP
If you have a complex network configuration, consider setting up a custom LAN IP range in the Google Wifi app. This simple step will save you from having to reset or reconfigure each device in your home to work with your Google Wifi mesh network, if they have static IP addresses.
Once you set up a custom LAN IP range, we'll automatically migrate existing DHCP IP reservations and port forwarding rules to the new subnet.
Here’s how to set up a custom LAN IP range:
- Open the Google Wifi app and tap the tab.
- Tap Network & General Advanced networking LAN.
- In the “Router LAN IP” section, customize your router LAN address and subnet mask.
- In the “DHCP address pool” section, customize your starting and ending IP addresses.
- When you’re done, tap Save, then confirm that you want to save these settings.
Once you’ve saved your new LAN settings, your connected devices will briefly disconnect from Wi-Fi. You may need to restart your devices to re-connect them.