Stuck in setup
In rare cases, you may have issues connecting to the setup network or get stuck on the “Checking Wifi point status” screen for several minutes. This could mean that your mobile device’s Wi-Fi is in an unstable state.
In general, tapping your mobile device’s back button and restarting the setup process can fix this.If that doesn’t work:
- Close the Google Wifi app. Note: Don’t just exit the app.
- For Android, tap the Recent Apps button and swipe the Google Wifi app to close it.
- For iOS, double-tap the Home button and swipe upward on the Google Wifi app to close it.
- Open your mobile device’s Wi-Fi settings. Toggle the Wi-Fi switch OFF then ON.
- In the list of available networks, select any nearby connected networks and ‘forget’ them. You can keep your Wifi point’s setup network.
- Open the Google Wifi app, and try to set up your Wifi point again.
If your internet connection requires PPPoE authentication and you are getting WAN connection errors, see PPPoE issues during setup.
If you still need assistance, please contact us. We’ll do our best to help.