If your device isn’t connected to your Google Nest Wifi or Google Wifi network, here are some tips for getting your device back online:
- Make sure that your device’s Wi-Fi is turned on and that airplane mode is turned off.
- Wi-Fi settings can usually be found within your device’s Settings app or by swiping down from the top or up from the bottom of your screen.
- Make sure that your Google Nest Wifi or Google Wifi network is selected.
- Make sure the device is not configured to use a static IP address (rare) that is not in the IP subnet range.
Wifi equipment issues
- Make sure your mobile device is close to and within range of your router or point.
- Make sure your router and any points are powered on. The indicator light(s) should glow.
Incorrect or old password
When your device has trouble connecting because of a password, one of the following messages may appear in the Google Home app:
- “[Device] couldn't connect to Wi-Fi. Make sure it's using the correct Wi-Fi password.”
- “Update Wi-Fi password for [device].”
If the Wi-Fi network password on that device is incorrect, the device won’t be able to connect to your network. To fix this, update or re-enter the Wi-Fi network password on the device that's failing to connect.