Before installing the Google Wifi app, it will request access to the following information and capabilities on your mobile device.
- Approximate location (network-based): In order to scan and find your Wifi point’s setup network, the location permission is required. The Google Wifi app does not use or store your GPS coordinates.
- Contacts: To easily add network managers
- Accounts: To find and associate your Google Account with your Wifi point during setup, and to access your Google Wifi diagnostic information
- Network/Wi-Fi access: To connect and disconnect your mobile device from Wi-Fi during setup. This also allows Google Wifi app to receive data from your Wifi points over the internet.
- Prevent phone from sleeping: So you won’t miss anything during setup.
- Bluetooth: To connect to your Wifi point during setup
- Camera: To scan the QR code on the bottom of your Wifi point during setup.
See all permissions for the Google Wifi app
You can review individual permissions in the Settings menu of your android device.
- On your device, open the main Settings app.
- Tap Apps or Application Manager (depending on your device).
- Tap the Google Wifi app.
- Scroll down and tap Permissions.