Wifi point can't connect to the Internet
If your Wifi point isn’t getting an internet connection from your modem:
- Unplug your modem and your Wifi point from power.
- Wait about 2 minutes. This will make sure your modem and Wifi point are fully off.
- Then plug the power cable back into only your modem and wait 1 minute.
- Plug the power cable into your Wifi point and wait 20 seconds for it to power on.
- If you're setting up an Wifi point, close the Google Wifi app and reopen it to attempt setup.
Your Wifi point’s light will continually pulse blue when it’s ready for setup.
Other possible causes
Do you have DSL or fiber Internet?
If your Wifi point is connected directly to the modem, you may need to enter a PPPoE account name and password before the modem allows the Wifi point to access the internet. If you don’t know your PPPoE information, contact your internet service provider (ISP). In many cases, this is the same username and password you use to log into your ISP account.
Having trouble? Go to PPPoE issues during setup.