Change Wi-Fi network name
Give your Wi-Fi network a name that is different from the setup name found on the bottom of your Wifi point.
But there are some restrictions.
- Network names must be between 1 and 31 characters
- Make sure there isn’t an accidental space at the beginning or end of your network name.
Here's how to change your Wi-Fi network name
- Open the Google Wifi app.
- Tap the settings tab, then Network & general.
- Under the ‘Network’ section, tap your network name.
- To edit, tap your network or the pencil icon in the upper-right corner.
- Enter a new network name.
- When you’re done, tap Save.
Reusing an older network name and password
If you reuse a network name and password from an old router, you won’t have to reconnect devices that were previously on the network.