Who’s my Internet Service Provider (ISP)?
Your internet service provider (ISP) is the company that provides your internet access.
Examples of ISPs are:
- Time Warner Cable
- Google Fiber
You can look up your ISP by visiting www.whoismyisp.org.
When should I contact my ISP?
You should contact your ISP if:
- You consistently get slower speeds than you are paying for (you can use Network Check or other speed test services)
- Your network loses its Internet connection and following the Google Wifi App help steps does not resolve the problem
- You want to change your plan
If you have connection issues, here’s what you can ask your ISP:
- Is there an internet service outage in my area?
- Have any internet settings changed (e.g. a new PPPoE username/password or static IP)?
- Have there been any other network service changes?