To keep your network safe and secure, it’s important to only allow devices on your network that you trust. You can automatically be notified when a new device connects to your network.
This feature is only available with the Google Home app.
Turn on or off new device notifications
- Open the Google Home app .
- At the top-right corner, tap Settings .
- Tap Notifications Nest Wifi.
- Turn on or off New device notifications.
If a device is added that you don’t want on your network, there are a few things that you can do to prevent access.
- You can pause the Internet for that device. The device may still have access to other devices on your network, but it won’t be able to use the Internet.
- For guest devices, consider setting up a guest network to keep your visitors’ devices separate.
- You can also change your network’s password to prevent that device from accessing your Wi-Fi network. If you change your Wi-Fi password, all of your devices will also be disconnected until you update those devices with the new password.