Recommended departure times notification not working
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google app .
- At the bottom right, tap Menu Settings.
- Go to Your feed > Priority notifications (it seems you have set this already) and in the Get notified about section, make sure that you have turned on the notifications for Flight updates.
- Try clearing the cache and data of the Google App: Settings > Apps > Google App > Storage > Clear Cache and then tap on Manage Space > Clear All Data.
- If the issue persists, uninstall the updates: please go to Settings > Apps > Google App > tap on the 3 vertical dots menu at the top right corner > Uninstall updates.
- If that doesn't help, go to Settings > Apps > Google App > Disable. After that please tap on Enable (If you have an option to uninstall the Google App, please uninstall and reinstall the app).
- all the appropriate notification and include-in-feed sliders are ticked to "yes" under settings
- cleared cache and data for apps and the phone at large, force stopped and disabled the google app (can't uninstall)
- uninstalled and reinstalled the google calendar app, ensured that all calendars are syncing
- triple checked the sync for calendar
- triple checked app permissions for location, calendar, and contacts are set to on for both calendar and the google app
- is there the possibility that app data is syncing across these four mobile devices, which makes this process of troubleshooting harder?
- is there an amount of time i need to wait to let the google cloud catch up with all the uninstalling, reinstalling, resetting, and tweaking I'm doing? I read somewhere 48 hours.
- does the native samsung calendar app have any bearing on this situation? as in: if i disable notifications on the samsung calendar, does that mess with the google calendar or calendar app?
- I can't get to the battery in these devices to truly power cycle. is there a way to do this for devices where you can't pop out the battery, and would it make a difference?
- i am fairly sure that there is data related to these apps that does not live on the device, rather, in the cloud. how do i reset this data? (could be related to question 1 above)
- would a full factory reset or a signing out/signing in of google accounts make a difference?
- the same issue is exhibited identically across four devices. this leads me to believe it's not an app's or phone's local settings. in the google app, do my selections affect all devices? that is, if i reset notification preferences on one device, does it do it for all devices?
- Restoring factory settings / uninstalling updates to the google app bring back the "upcoming" cards (still no time to leave notifications), but the latest version erases all upcoming cards.
Some community members might have badges that indicate their identity or level of participation in a community.
Member levels indicate a user's level of participation in a forum. The greater the participation, the higher the level. Everyone starts at level 1 and can rise to level 10. These activities can increase your level in a forum:
- Post an answer.
- Having your answer selected as the best answer.
- Having your post rated as helpful.
- Vote up a post.
- Correctly mark a topic or post as abuse.
Having a post marked and removed as abuse will slow a user's advance in levels.
View profile in forum?
To view this member's profile, you need to leave the current Help page.
Report abuse in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To report abuse, you need to leave the current Help page.
Reply in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To reply, you need to leave the current Help page.