SafeSearch settings (iOS app)
Many people prefer not to have adult content included in their search results (especially if kids use the same device). SafeSearch filters provide you with the ability to change your browser setting to prevent adult content from appearing in your search results. No filter is 100 percent accurate, but SafeSearch should help you avoid most of this type of material.
Change your SafeSearch settings
- Open the Google Search app.
- Touch the gear icon on the Google Search app home screen > SafeSearch. (If you're an on search results page, touch the icon to return to your home screen.
- Choose from these three SafeSearch settings:
- Off provides no filtering of your results.
- Moderate filters explicit images only.
- Strict filters prevent adult content from appearing in your web and image search results for all queries.
- Touch Done.